Continuing on with our series of blogs on self-care and self-soothing (building good habits) in a healthy manner, we find ourselves taking on the sense of smell this week. The smell can be one of the most provocative of senses. Sometimes they can even trigger good or bad memories years later. So this week why not evoke some good memories and add one of the following to what you have already taken up over the course of the last month. Go on; add a candle to your bedroom or bathroom. Wash away the stresses of the day and have a beautiful smelling candle fill your senses.
I hope you have gained some useful advice so far from this series on self-care. If you or a family member would like some help please contact me.
- Burn a scented candle.
- Use your favourite perfume or lotion.
- Try either of the above two at a store.
- Put lemon oil on your furniture.
- Put potpourri in a room, leave for a few minutes and then come back and inhale.
- Bake cakes or cookies.
- Smell flowers.
- Walk along the beach or forest and inhale all the smells of nature.
- Burn incense.
- Take time to smell each fork full of your favourite food. Eat mindfully.
For support of this or any problem please contact my office on 0894373641